This Is What I'm Saying

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blowing the Dust off the Place

So a few things have changed since I last posted here four years ago (good grief). We succeeded in getting me knocked up and now have an almost-four-year-old daughter, Julie. I'm no longer in my 20s and I don't get out much. But despite, or maybe because of, the fact that I've lost my youth, 18,000 hours of sleep and a good portion of my mind, I have more to say than ever. Topics to include:
  • Sleeping - Julie doesn't do it. James and I would like to. Drama ensues.
  • Money - Not so much with the having it are we. Stress ensues.
  • Family - Both sides, 360 degrees of crazy. So many stories to tell. Sneak peek: goats, the "rapture," sugar daddies and short engagements.
  • Politics - God is great, Beer is good, People are crazy.
  • Current events - i.e., I read "People" magazine and "gofugyourself" and share insights.
  • Religion - We go to church and believe in God. But we're not weird or anything.
  • Food - I love it. I cook a lot, with varying success. My kid eats plain pasta and fruit. Rah.
  • Horizontal mambo - The kid doesn't sleep. Nooners, anyone?
  • Love - So much of it among James, Julie and me, thank goodness.

There are so many wonderful bloggers who I admire, and I could never hope to live up to their humor, wit and insight. But I'll try to write here often and see what sticks to the wall. Yee Haw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home